Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lillie Sarah's Birth


The day before I had Lillie


Lillie was born on August 18, 2008 at 5:44pm.  She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.  I was in labor for 12 hours when her heart rate started to slowly drop.  It wasn't dangerous yet but the doctor said if I continued to labor and it dropped quickly we would have to do an emergency c-section or we could go ahead for a c-section right then and take our time.  I was reluctant to give up my dream of how I pictured my baby's birth but decided I would rather have a healthy baby and be awake for the birth than possibly have neither of the two.  So...to surgery we went!  In less than half an hour, the doctor announced, "It's a girl!!!!"  Jesse and I both were so excited!  We both wanted a girl so badly and to find out at her birth was the most undescribable, wonderful moment I have ever had!  I totally recommend surprise babies!  I had to wait 3 very long hours to finally hold her.  We made our family and friends wait until I was out of recovery to have them come in and we announced that we had a girl!  Everyone screamed and cheered, it was the best moment!!!!  Here's some of the pictures from the first time everyone got to hold Lillie...

Our family

Daddy

Mommy

Granny

Paw-Paw

Grandma Dee and Granddaddy


No comments: